Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 6 -- It's Official - she's finally our daughter legally!!!

Caitlin slept through until about 7:00 am which was great!  Noah, Caitlin and I went with Belinda to the notary's office and registrar's office to finalize the local adoption portion of this process. Unfortunately the registrar's office was in the same building as yesterday, when we had our "Gotcha Day".  So needless to say this made Caitlin very upset - and her search for mama continued.
Waiting for our turn to be called in to fill out the paperwork.
We each took turns signing and thumb printing (in red ink) our signatures on all the paperwork.  The orphanage gave us a small gift which included a silver child's bracelet with the name of the orphanage on the outside and her Chinese name on the inside.  As well they were kind enough to to give us a cd with pictures of Caitlin on it.  (Can't wait to see them!)
It's official!  Here we are with the director of the orphanage after our paperwork has been completed.
Daddy's little girl!!  :)
The garden at the Chinese Welfare Lottery building.
Passed out from a combination of all the crying and fresh air.

Once we got back to the hotel, we picked up the rest of the crew and headed to Wal-Mart (Mom's been waiting for this!) for some supplies. Unfortunately I do not have a photo our camera so I will have to get it from Mom's to download it to the site!  We picked up two pizzas from Pizza Hut and took them back to the hotel for lunch.  While we were waiting for the pizzas, Grandpa W., Zachary, Caitlin an I went for a walk around the mall.  Grandpa bought a remote control car for Zachary, which both he and Caitlin enjoyed watching/playing with in the mall.

Caitlin fell asleep in my arms while walking the halls (it's been rainy and overcast all week) only to wake up as I tried to lay her down.  So, back to the hall we went and she fell back asleep.  This time I sat in the chair and let her sleep on my chest.  Noah was exhausted from last night so he napped too.  After she woke up I got her something to eat and we went with Nana and Granpa for a walk around the park at the South Lake (which is where our hotel is). She fell back asleep on our walk which was nice because she needed it, but I found out the hard way that Baby Bjorn's are not meant for bigger kids and she's not exactly a peanut!!  But it was recommended that we use this for bonding purposes.  

When we got back, I got her something to eat and then Zachary and Caitlin stayed in the room with Noah while the rest of us went down to Zhen Food Street Restaurant on the lower level of our hotel to grab some dinner.  When I returned, there were cheerios and puffs all over the floor (such fun throwing them and stepping on them!) and everyone was having a great time!  Zachary and Caitlin were playing together and she was smiling!!!  Zachary would drive his new car in the room and Caitlin would go pick it up and bring it back to him to so he could do it again!  (She's better at fetch than Otis!)  Zachary is so happy that she finally wants to play with him!  I almost cried when I saw her bend over and give him a kiss!  It warms my heart to see such brotherly and sisterly love growing before my eyes!!!

All tuckered out!  We can't wait to play some more tomorrow! 

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Welcome little Caitlin! So many tears while reading about your Gotcha day. So glad to hear things are getting better. The kiss from her to Zachary is so sweet! Love to you all! Christa, Joe, Sophie and Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole process is so awesome!! I cried all the way through day 5 and 6. God is blessing you so beautifully and the blessings are overflowing to all of us who love you and pray for you. I am so proud of you! Cant wait till we can have our 1st glimps of Caitlin and get a chance to hold her and kiss her little cheeks. Love you, Aunt Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tears streaming down my face!! I am in awe of Zachary...I always knew he was loving and sensitive; now I see the depth of his emotions is so mature! What a cool little man he is. Calvin and Lupe can't wait to have a doggie play date to meet his new sister! :-) Traci and Noah...you are so blessed. I truly believe that God has been weaving this beautiful little girl's life with yours since her conception. She was always meant to be yours. Love, Mary and Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Caitlin is beautiful! I have tears in my eyes as I write this. I have been thinking about all of you and am so glad that everything went well. I can't wait to meet Caitlin. Since she loves the outdoors, she'll have to start coming on our walks. Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeahh!! Awesome news guys!! How awesome is it that Zachary and Caitlin are playing already...he is such an awesome brother!! :) More love to all of you...has Aunt Sharon found anyone she knows in China yet? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a roller coaster - I have tears in my eyes! Thankfully young children are resilient and adapt easily - especially when they're going from one loving environment to another. I think it's great that she's Daddy's little girl - I can attest to the fact that it's good for both daughter and dad ;-) And you've obviously got an amazing caring son. He's going to love showing her the ropes!
    I wish we weren't on a 6am flight the day after you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! She certainly is an adorable bundle of sweetness!

    Rebecca :)

    www.ourjourneytomeilin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!!! We are so incredibly excited and happy for you all. You would have laughed ... Finley brought Laura her blankie to try and console her while reading the post. Glad to hear Zach is stepping into his new role so well, he has a beautiful little sister. Thanks again for the updates, we look forward to reading them. God Bless, our prayers are with you. All our love, BLA&F

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Caitlin! We can not wait to see you all. We have enjoyed all the updates. It is our highlight for the day, and when nothing is there I am constantly checking. Of course I have able to do that since were still out of school due to the snow storm. I think on Thursday we'll be returning though (it suppose to warm up today). Each day will grow to new depths of joy and firsts. Have a great day! Love Gail, Larry, and Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zachary, what a great ge ge you are! Your mei mei must love to watch you drive your remote control car around in circles. She will be surprised to see how many friends you have when you come back home, won't she?

    How heartwrenching those first days must be, fortunately this lucky little girl has an amazing life ahead of her full of love and adventure. Thanks for keeping us posted! Love anne from preschool

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Tracy, I have tears in my eyes. Caitlin is so very lucky to have you, Noah and Zachary as her permanent family! Can't wait to read more updates! ~Erin Deuel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is great to see photos and read about your trip. I'm so happy for you and your family. Have fun and we're looking forward to meeting Caitlin when you get back to the states.

    ReplyDelete